Monday 3 June 2013

Fired with the resolve to create

Rawalpindi: In a time when poverty has compelled the number of poor women in our society to adopt unjust ways of income or to commit suicide after finding no way to fight with reverses of fortune, Samina Sadiq, 35, resident of Dhok Elahi Bux and a beautician by profession, wants to become role model for underprivileged women by fighting with all the menace of society.
Samina found herself back at square one with two kids and the small society stigma of being divorced women when her husband left her stranded with no financial or emotional mainstay couple of years ago. After finding no way to feed her children, a desperate lady also found only solution of all her plights in suicide. “I had decided to finish myself along with my children after failing to get any type of support from the people sitting in power corridors,” said Samina while sharing her plights with The Spokesman.
“But my friend advised me to become a role model for other woman by earning livelihood through hard work instead of joining the list of those females who bowed themselves before the cruelties of society,” Samina added. Fired with the resolve to create a better tomorrow even if the past was marred with pain, she decided to start up a small beauty establishment. According to her, the reason behind this decision was simple. Narrating the story of her bad days, Samina said; “Finally, my friend came forward for my support and advised me to take a loan from local bank and started a business of beauty parlor so that I can earn livelihood for me and my two kids as well,” said Samina. With her goal clear in her mind, she approached Khushali Bank Limited for financial support to facilitate the execution of her vision. 
Today, Samina is running a beauty parlor since over five years. She is the primary supporter of her family through her business and at 15,000 a month it is enough to fulfill her dream of giving her children a better life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment