Wednesday 1 May 2013

Crime Story:

Cops find young motorcyclists a soft target


A policeman standing 'alert' on a picket near Faizabad flyover, without displaying his name badge. (The Spokesman photo by Zeeshan Ali)

ISLAMABAD: The police, deployed at check points, have found the young motorcyclists as their soft target to mint money in the name of checking vehicle registration book and driving license.
A victim of Industrial Area police, Arshad Ali told “The Spokesman,” “I was stopped at the check post by the police near Faizabad. They asked me for my bike documents which I showed them. But one of the police officials said that I must pay them some money, otherwise they will impound my bike.”
He further said that the police official asked him in a satiric tone to take a glass of water from the water cooler placed next to their check post to refresh energies and also place rupees 500 underneath the glass before coming again to them.
“I had no other option but to do the same,” he told. He said the police officials had removed their name badges from their uniforms just to hide their identities. “I asked one of the officials his name but he refused to disclose by saying that I have nothing to do with their names,” Arshad said.
Another victim Faooq Aslam said, “I could not determine whether they were police officials or dacoits wearing police uniforms, when they asked me for bribe, as they were not having their name badges on their chests.
They warned me of serious consequences, if I did not pay them bribe”. He said he also succeeded in fleeing from the scene after paying the officials Rs 500. He said along with him, there were also other bikers stopped at the check-post out of them some were not having documents of their motorbikes.
When tried to contact Ashraf Shah and Jamshed Khan,the police officials, both were out of their offices while they also did not attend the phone calls. However, a police official at I-9 Police Station while requesting anonymity said that the officials are dealing the complaints regarding the Faizabad Checkpost regularly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment